Voices Carry~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need to stop blessing people immmediatley!

3 posters

Go down

I need to stop blessing people immmediatley!  Empty I need to stop blessing people immmediatley!

Post  TOvA~ Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Talk about enriching ones word power Doc!!
OMG, Check this out!

Someone online said the word Bless means to sprinkle blood on something. Well... I went a googling

Origin of the word Bless:

Strictly speaking, there is no Greek meaning of the word 'blessed'. The word 'blessed' comes from a German word 'bletsian' meaning 'blood' - the reference being back to Old Testament sacrifices.

The English-speaking church chose to use the word 'bless' as a translation for the Greek 'eulogeitos', the meaning of which is explained below. This Greek word actually provides the English word 'eulogy'. 'eu' means 'good' and 'logy' means word - hence the meaning of eulogy is literally 'a good word'.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Greek_word_for_%27blessed%27#ixzz1Dnj0zIsD

Definitions of eulogy on the Web:

* a formal expression of praise for someone who has died recently
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* A eulogy (from εὐλογία, eulogia, Classical Greek for "good words") is a speech or writing in praise of a person or thing, especially one recently deceased or retired Eulogies may be given as part of funeral services, however some denominations either discourage or do not permit eulogies at ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eulogy
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Http://ubuntuned.com

Back to top Go down

I need to stop blessing people immmediatley!  Empty A solution dragons blood

Post  catrynmay Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:05 am

In American Hoodoo, African-American folk magic, and New Orleans voodoo, it is used in mojo hands for money-drawing or love-drawing, and is used as incense to cleanse a space of negative entities or influences. It is also added to red ink to make "Dragon's Blood Ink", which is used to inscribe magical seals and talismans.

In folk medicine, dragon's blood is used externally as a wash to promote healing of wounds and to stop bleeding. It is used internally for chest pains, post-partum bleeding, internal traumas and menstrual irregularities.[citation needed]

In neopagan Witchcraft, it is used to increase the potency of spells for protection, love, banishing and sexuality. In New Age shamanism it is used in ceremonies in a similar way as the neopagans use it.[citation needed]

Dragon's blood incense is also sold as "red rock opium" to unsuspecting would-be drug buyers. It actually contains no opiates, and has only slight psychoactive effects, if any at all. [3].

catrynmay
catrynmay
Whisper

Back to top Go down

I need to stop blessing people immmediatley!  Empty Re: I need to stop blessing people immmediatley!

Post  DR Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Glad to see you seeking the true meaning of words. Ain't it fun? lol
DR
DR
Mouthpiece~

http://www.verbalsight.com

Back to top Go down

I need to stop blessing people immmediatley!  Empty Re: I need to stop blessing people immmediatley!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum